Hijab is stylish too

My photo
The image of a hijab-wearing Muslim has often been partnered with some kind of social stigma. The reality is that one of the only perspectives that our society has been provided with is that of the popular media--and we all know that the loudest voice is not always the truest voice. I am a Muslim. I am an American. And just as every American girl has some kind of personal style, a voice, a dream, a viewpoint on life--so do I. Here's another perspective--a more genuine perspective--on what a Muslim girl is all about. Nice to meet you!

Friday, July 3, 2009

Turtle Turtle








Just wanted to show off this little guy. I got this ring in NYC at Canal Street. I was hoping to find a decent bag for cheap but sadly, returned empty handed--well, except for this blue treasure ♥

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This ring is frigging gorgeous, just like yoooooou! ;) lol
Did you take this picture? ZOMG, you have photography skillz, too?

- Nehal

ModestMix said...

Haha naw, although i love phtotography i wouldn't call myself a photography pro. My brother just has a really nice lens 8)

Michele said...

God I love that ring!!

Nehal Sayedahmed said...

I have to say, this "Nehal" character knows what she's talking about. ;)